Alan J. Rosenberg - Partner, Chair - Business Law
Alan represents businesses throughout the country in an Outside General Counsel role. In that capacity, Alan has become the attorney of choice for companies in various industries and of various sizes to handle virtually all of the business’s legal needs. Alan is often called upon to opine on and handle various legal issues, including:
- corporate governance;
- contract preparation, negotiation, interpretation, and enforcement;
- real estate;
- risk management;
- employment-related matters;
- and business strategy.
In addition to businesses in the private sector, Alan represents government entities with their legal issues, including issues relating to tort liability, contracts and risk transfer, employment disputes, risk management, real estate, general liability and collections.
Alan’s experience handling business acquisitions includes, but is not limited to, preparation of the requisite purchase agreements, compliance with various state and federal regulatory departments, conducting thorough due diligence, and assisting with various legal issues leading up to closing.
Similarly, Alan’s success in the courtroom and in front of arbitration panels gives his clients the confidence that their attorney is not only willing to go to trial, but also that they are represented in front of judges, juries, and arbitration panels professionally and effectively.
- State Courts of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Western Districts of Texas
- Claims & Litigation Management (CLM)
- Dallas Bar Association
- Risk and Insurance Management Society (RIMS)
- State Bar of Texas
- Nexus Recovery Center, Board of Directors
- VMLC (formerly the Vickory Meadow Learning Center), Board of Directors
J.D., Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law, 2002
- Dean's Scholarship Recipient
- President, Phi Delta Phi Honorary Legal Fraternity
- Executive Editor and Writer for The Advocate, the SMU law school newspaper
- B.A., Psychology (minor, Business Administration), The University of Texas at Austin, 1999