Joanna M. Tollenaere - Partner
Joanna’s practice focuses on commercial, transactional and insurance litigation matters. After law school, Joanna practiced at a Manhattan firm, in the area of antitrust.
Her practice encompasses an expanding spectrum of clients. She has experience in handling commercial litigation (including contract disputes); commercial real estate leases; insurance defense and coverage litigation; personal injury cases, products and premises liability matters, construction defect litigation, professional negligence, and bad faith litigation. Additionally, she has been responsible for the negotiation of contracts while ensuring compliance with the specific policies and procedures and while maintaining consistency throughout the client company.
Joanna has successfully prepared and argued motions before various State and Federal courts in Texas.
- Texas State Bar
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Texas
- J.D., Southern Methodist University School of Law, 2002
- Bacherlor of Fine Arts in Communications with a Public Relations Concentration and Minors in Economics and Political Science, University of Texas at San Antonio, 1998
- Dallas Bar Association
- Texas Bar Association
- Damages in First Party Cases, 19th Annual Insurance Symposium, March 30, 2012
- Ripeness and Joinder, 18th Annual Insurance Symposium, April 1, 2011
- Understanding the Differences Between Premises Liability and Negligence, webinar 2010
- Open Season! The Use of Extrinsic Evidence in the Post Guidenone Era, 16th Annual Insurance Symposium, April 3, 2009
- The Aftermath Of Fiess--Ensuing Loss, Mold & Ambiguities, 14th Annual Insurance Symposium, March 30, 2007
- Rigginpro et al v. Clarendon America Casualty, Civil Action No. 4:08-cv-03491, In the United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas.
- Standard Waste Systems, Ltd., v. Mid-Continent Casualty Company and Oklahoma Surety Company; Civil Action No.: 3:08-CV-0881, in the United States District Court, Northern District of Texas, Dallas Division.
- Manuel Rubio Villatora v. Tireco, Inc., Shandong Linglong Tyre Co., Ltd. Linglong North America, LLC, and the Linglong Tire and Rubber Company of North America, LLC, Civil Action No. H-09-CV-3447, in the United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas, Houston Division.
- Rio Tech Company v. First Mercury Insurance Company; Civil Action No. 7:09-CV-163, in the United Stated District Court, Southern District of Texas McAllen Division.
- Michael Stephen Guajardo, Individually and as Personal Representative of the Estate of Michael Stephen Guajardo, Jr., A Minor, Deceased; and as Next Friend of Rachael Guajardo, A Minor; and Tanya Guajardo, Individually v. Nankang Rubber Tire Corporation, Ltd.; Nankang U.S.A., Inc.; K.H.H. Enterprises Company, Ltd. and Tireco, Inc.; Cause No. 3:04-CV-02660-M, in the United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas, Dallas Division.