Joe Gregory - Partner, Chair - Tort and Insurance
Joe is an experienced litigator who has represented clients in many diversified areas, including personal injury, patent and trademark cases, commercial litigation, employment litigation, construction litigation and insurance defense cases. He has extensive trial experience, has taken more than 35 jury trials to verdict and has obtained numerous summary judgments for his clients on a variety of cases ranging from employment to personal injury. Joe has been Board Certified in Personal Injury and Trial Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization since 2002.
PERSONAL INJURY DEFENSE
- Litigation and trial experience throughout the State of Texas in both Federal and State Courts involving automobile accidents, trucking accidents, premises liability claims, product liability claims, professional liability claims, oil field liability claims and construction accident claims.
INSURANCE FRAUD LITIGATION
- Representation of Insurance Companies in Breach of Contract and Bad Faith cases.
- Representation of Insurance Companies in Examinations Under Oath.
- Representation of Insurance Companies in UM/UIM Claims.
- Obtained Summary Judgment for National Provider of Healthcare Equipment.
- Representation of Heart Catheter Manufacturer where a nuisance settlement was obtained.
- Handled Bond and Surety payouts. New Representation of Directors and Officers in Breach of Fiduciary Duty Claims.
- Representation of HMO under Texas HMO Statute.
PATENT AND TRADEMARK LITIGATION
- Represented Plaintiffs and Defendants in patent-related lawsuits and appeals involving a variety of technologies and industries, including web browser technologies, oil well drilling, fluid formation, pipeline valve design and camera technology.
- Represented Plaintiff in trademark litigation against a Las Vegas casino.
- Representation of employers in the areas of Workers Compensation, Sexual Harassment, Discrimination, ERISA and Wrongful Termination.
- Representation of employers before the Texas Division of Workers Compensation in Contested Case Hearings, Benefit Review Conferences and Appeals.
- Rose v. Garland Community Hospital, 156 S.W. 3d. 541 (Tex. 2004)
- Rose v. Garland Community Hospital, 87 S.W. 3d 188 (Tex-App – Dallas 2002), writ granted
- In Re: Kemper, Lloyds, 2006 WL 475436 (Feb. 2006)
- Burke v. Insurance Auto Auctions, 169 S.W. 3d 771 (Tex.-App- Dallas 2005), pet. denied)
- Dewitt County Electric Co-Op U. Parks, 1 S.W. 3d 96 (Tex. 1999).
- Willard v. Dallas, 881 S.W.2d 907 (Tex.-App-Ft. Worth 1994)
- Parks v. Dewitt County Electric Co-Op, Inc. 962 S.W. 2d 707 (Tex.-App- Corpus Christi, 1998)
- Halliburton v. MI, LLC Civil Action 6:05-CU-155 (April 12, 2006)
PRESENTATIONS AND PUBLICATIONS
- Litigating the Catastrophic Injury Case to The North Texas International Association of Special Investigative Units (2011)
- Insurance Bad Faith and Unethical Settlement Practices, Lorman Educational Series, March 2006
- An Overview of the Dispute Resolution Process in Workers Compensation Claims in Texas, Lorman Education Series, July 2005
- Uninsured Motorist Law in Texas, Godwin Pappas Ronquillo, LLP
- Second Annual Insurance Defense Seminar, June 2005
- Ethical Considerations for Claims Adjusters, presented to Kemper Auto & Home, January 2005
- Consumer Protection and Ethical Considerations for Claims Adjustors, presented at Godwin Pappas Ronquillo, LLP First Annual Insurance Defense Seminar, June 2004
- The Resolution Process for Workers’ Compensation Claims, presented by Loman Education Services, July 2004
- Wrongful Death and Survival Actions, presented to Affirmative Insurance, February 2004
- Chiropractors in Workers Compensation Cases, presented by the Lorman Educational Series, January 2004
- State Courts of Texas
- State Courts of Louisiana
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas
- LSU Paul M. Hebert Law School (J.D. 1991)
- Louisiana State University (B.S., 1984)Legal Memberships
- Texas Bar Association
- Texas Association of Defense Counsel
- Louisiana Bar Association
- State Bar of Louisiana
- Defense Research Institution
- Dallas Bar Association